arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyne use qBittorent or anyother client ?
(04-24-2020, 08:07 AM)rudra Wrote: @xdude

first i will tell you that you can salvage those downloads.

just start the same download on another client and once the files are created and download starts, pause it. next replace the newly created files with the old almost complete ones. now go in the new client and do force recheck. it will at most discard couple of mb incomplete pieces and resume the download.

I never discard big downloads and restart when the link is broken or there is corruption or crc failure. What i do is download it on a vps and make a private torrent with it and repair my downloaded file by force rechecking and resuming it under a torrent client.

>> now i cant help you with why qbittorrent is not working without checking myself.

good luck
That is possible because torrrent download piece by piece . so basically when torrenting you ask everyone on the tracker who have the file and specific pieces

From your post it look like torrent pieces have been standarized to work with other client
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
@humanpuff69

you don't need to scratch your head about whether piece size has been standardized or not. when you start a torrent using same torrent file or magnet link, it's piece division is same.

if you use another torrent file or magnet link, you will have to be sure that the file (s) you are downloading is the same. then even if piece size is different, you won't lose much downloaded data, cause it will do checking of the pieces when you do force recheck. BUT YOU MUST BE SURE IT IS THE SAME FILE BEING SHARED.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
i am using BitTorrent but its quite old version and i have never updated since its working good for me and i have just checked after watching this thread but everything looks good for me.
maybe you have a latest version and devs messed up something?
(04-25-2020, 06:17 PM)rudra Wrote: @humanpuff69

you don't need to scratch your head about whether piece size has been standardized or not. when you start a torrent using same torrent file or magnet link, it's piece division is same.

if you use another torrent file or magnet link, you will have to be sure that the file (s) you are downloading is the same. then even if piece size is different, you won't lose much downloaded data, cause it will do checking of the pieces when you do force recheck. BUT YOU MUST BE SURE IT IS THE SAME FILE BEING SHARED.

yeah . it is great to see that kind of standardization . just make sure that to copy the data and the torrent file to make sure getting the same file . otherwise it will be mixed and the result will be corrupted . i never try moving torrent client on unfinished download before but it will work

you cannot do this with direct download . each browser/download manager have different standart to storing downloaded file
Terminal
(04-27-2020, 10:43 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: yeah . it is great to see that kind of standardization . just make sure that to copy the data and the torrent file to make sure getting the same file . otherwise it will be mixed and the result will be corrupted . i never try moving torrent client on unfinished download before but it will work

you cannot do this with direct download . each browser/download manager have different standart to storing downloaded file

as i said above. you can download the same file on an online storage and use rsync or torrent or something that does this piecewise error check and redownload thing to resume.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Yeah, it's same technology housed in different software. So If you move the file to a different software then it should work without a problem. But finally I got it working after messing with several settings. But by now there aren't many peers left in those 2 files so it's gonna take a while.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(04-28-2020, 03:44 PM)xdude Wrote: Yeah, it's same technology housed in different software. So If you move the file to a different software then it should work without a problem. But finally I got it working after messing with several settings. But by now there aren't many peers left in those 2 files so it's gonna take a while.

one of the thing that can happen in torrent is the file become not seeded anymore because there are no one that want to seed or / and have the file any more

that isnt a bad thing or negative or consa about torrent than direct download . Direct download can have this problem too . but it start when you get the file itself for the first time . it will show not found or the server isnt reachable . and there is mostly only 1 direct download whereas torrent have many (except when they are dead with 0 seeder)
Terminal
qtorrent client doesnt works well in my system (fedora linux) but i am using transmission software that is alternative of qtorrent and has same features and it is quite works smooth and fast.
I have seen " transmission " often among my peer lists and wondered what is this software. So transmission is a Linux based software. I had no idea. My qBittorrent still not doing well but Vazu works really great. It has so many interesting features too.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(05-25-2020, 05:44 PM)xdude Wrote: I have seen " transmission " often among my peer lists and wondered what is this software. So transmission is a Linux based software. I had no idea. My qBittorrent still not doing well but Vazu works really great. It has so many interesting features too.

the frist time i know about transmission is from the ransomware that is included in mac version of transmission

for linux client i used to use deluge before because it is the one preinstalled on ubuntu (i think it is preinstalled on 16.04 or 18.04 i forget exactly) but on 20.04 transmission is the default but i never use it because im not downloading any torrent recently but i will try it when i download a torrent
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting